I bought this laptop in need of a light weight computer that would run all of my programs for college. I wasn't looking for a powerful or super-fast PC. With that being said, this computer fits the bill. I have had it for just over a month and have really enjoyed learning windows 8.
A few thoughts that I've noticed:
-one time the touchscreen froze with the little touch "dot" stuck on the screen. I had to restart when this happened. It has only happened once so far.
-this computer is very light (just under 3 lbs) and I was afraid the charger would be a huge, heavy thing like my old laptop. I was surprised to see that the charger is tiny and lightweight as well.
-once you have a touchscreen laptop you will forever try to touch every screen even when it's not a touchscreen.
-this computer is not super-fast. Sometimes it doesn't load flash-filled or complex sites very fast. It's not anything that has been a hindrance to me (I don't game or web surf except it school).
-this laptop looks and feels amazing. The brushed aluminum keeps the exterior cool. This laptop never gets hot. (I had to sit with it in my lap for 4 hours and it was barely warm)
the screen has a lot I glare. I just got an anti glare protector. Problem solved.This is an excellent tool for my projects. It looks really attractive, I got the portability and ease of use found in a tablet and I have the power and function of a lap-top computer. I am now able to interact anyhow I please with my Asus Vivobook. Because of it's size, I can carry it very easily in my regular shoulder bag without bulk or weight. Downside: I am trying to get over the limitations of the tablet function on a laptop; trying to figure out how to find everything and make them work. I suppose Windows 8 OS is partly to blame for my difficulties. All-in-all I expect it will serve me well.
No comments:
Post a Comment